This Year: All Students Will Make Progress
When the traditional methods don’t work well enough for your struggling students, be brave enough to disrupt them. Students with learning disabilities don’t need more good content and instruction—they need more highly functioning cognitive skills to process your solid curriculum, and then a way to repeatedly practice these skills with feedback and support.
Fast ForWord is an online reading intervention that uses the principles of neuroplasticity – the ability of the brain to rewire and improve – to treat the underlying cause of language and reading difficulties.
What skills does it target?
- Attention and working memory skills
- Auditory processing
- Phonics and phonological awareness
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Listening comprehension and following directions
Reading Assistant is the only online reading tool that uses speech recognition to support students as they read aloud.
How does it work?
- Like a 1:1 reading coach, it corrects and supports learners when they mispronounce or misread a word aloud
- Works as a non-judgmental listener, guiding struggling students through just-right reading selections
- Helps to build reading fluency and comprehension
Reduce Referrals, Make Progress
- Administrators in St. Mary Parish, LA are seeing a decrease in special education referrals and rates
View case study
- Haines Borough, AK is making AYP with all students, including students receiving special ed
View case study
Proven Effective for students diagnosed with:
- Specific learning disability
- Auditory processing disorders
- Specific language impairment
Researched at Top Universities
- Fast ForWord is the only reading intervention that has been substantiated by research at Rutgers, Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Cornell, etc.
- Students can make up to 2 years’ gain in 3 months in reading and language skills
With You Every Step of the Way
- Flexible implementation models (small group, whole class, whole school, district wide)
- Varied options for services and training: web-based, onsite, or a combination
- Frequent “check-ins” to ensure you and your students are getting the most from your investment