You know these children – the ones who continue to struggle despite repeated intervention. They need an intervention that addresses the root causes of their difficulty, not one that provides accommodations.
What is Fast ForWord?
Fast ForWord is a computerized reading intervention that:
- Targets the root causes of reading struggle at their source.
- Gives 5x more practice on language and reading exercises than any other intervention or approach – which is why it works so fast!
How does it work?
From any computer or iPad®, learners complete a variety of memory, attention and processing exercises that look like reading or pre-reading games.
Fast ForWord was developed by world-renowned neuroscientists who were researching struggling learners’ brains. They knew there were differences between struggling and typical readers and hypothesized that a computerized program could address these specific areas of weakness (memory, attention, processing, language, phonological awareness).
After several studies, the results were clear. Yes, you can rewire the brains of struggling readers – and you can do it quickly using the principles of neuroplasticity.
Is it evidence-based?
Yes! With over 55 patents in neuroscience and education and 300+ research studies, Fast ForWord delivers rapid results for even the most struggling of readers.
Who is it for?
- Tiers 2 and 3 RtI
- At-risk or struggling students, including Title 1
- English language learners
- Students receiving special education services, including:
- Specific learning disability
- auditory processing disorder
- specific language impairment
How do I get access to Fast ForWord?
- NEW! For K-12, Fast ForWord now includes reading comprehension and fluency training! Learn more.
- If you are a parent looking for Fast ForWord for your child, click here.
- If you are a clinical professional looking to provide the program, click here.
What do the exercises look like?
The Fast ForWord intervention includes a series of exercises based on a student's level, and age. Click through to learn more!
- Fast ForWord LANGUAGE &
Fast ForWord LITERACY Series
Our Fast ForWord LANGUAGE and LITERACY products intensively address the brain's ability to process, discriminate, and identify sounds while cross-training grammar, listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary -- preparing the brain and filling in missing skills for fast reading improvement.
LANGUAGE Series (Elementary)
LITERACY Series (Middle/High School)
- Fast ForWord READING Series
Our Fast ForWord READING products build pre-reading and reading skills like phonemic awareness, phonological awareness, spelling, punctuation, reading comprehension, and more.
READING Series (PK-12)