Providing the Tools to Ensure All Students Make Progress
Only 3% of students who receive special education re-classify to general education. We can do better! Students who receive special education support don’t need more good content and instruction—they need more highly functioning cognitive skills to process your solid curriculum, and then a way to repeatedly practice these skills with feedback and support.
Fast ForWord is an online language and reading intervention that uses the principles of neuroplasticity — the ability of the brain to rewire and improve — to treat the underlying cause of language and reading difficulties.
What skills does it target?
- Attention and working memory skills
- Auditory processing
- Phonics and phonological awareness
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Listening comprehension and following directions
Close the Special Education Achievement Gap
Read our case studies about how Fast ForWord has made a difference in Special Education for these schools:
- Administrators in St. Mary Parish, LA are seeing a decrease in special education referrals and rates
View case study
- Haines Borough, AK is seeing rapidly increasing scores with all students, including students receiving special ed
View case study
Proven Effective for Students Diagnosed With:
- Specific learning disability
- Auditory processing disorders (APD)
- Specific language impairment, speech and language impairment
Researched at Top Universities
- Fast ForWord is the only reading intervention that has been substantiated by research at Rutgers, Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Cornell, etc.
- Students can see gains in weeks in reading and language skills - and changes to their learning that last a lifetime
Fast ForWord Targets Dyslexia at the Neurological Level
- Dyslexia and the Brain: Research Shows that Reading Ability Can be Improved - Cornell University
- Undoing Dyslexia via Video Games – American Psychological Association
- Neural deficits in children with dyslexia ameliorated by behavioral remediation: Evidence from functional MRI – Stanford Study
- Understanding the Causes of Dyslexia for Effective Intervention - Edutopia
We're With You Every Step of the Way!
- Flexible implementation models (small group, whole class, whole school, district wide)
- Varied options for services and training: web-based, onsite, or a combination
- Frequent “check-ins” to ensure you and your students are getting the most from your investment
Making a Difference Every Day
Over 8500 schools and 2 million students have used Fast ForWord products.