What is Brain Fitness and How Does a Brain Get Fit?
Just as we can improve our overall physical fitness by exercising our bodies, we can achieve brain fitness by exercising our brains.
Neuroscience research has shown that we can build brain processing efficiency and improve learning by exercising our brain through activities that focus on memory, attention, processing rate, and sequencing.
Visit any of the links below to learn more about brain fitness.
- The Science of Learning Blog
- The New Science of Learning: Brain Fitness for Kids (as seen on Public Television)
The Role of Time and Timing in Learning
- Using the Power of Optimal Timing to Improve the Brain’s Ability to Learn
- Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center (An NSF Science and Learning Center at University of California, San Diego )
- News from the NSF’s Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center
- Sound Training Rewires Dyslexic Children’s Brains for Reading
- Dr. Norman Doidge discusses his best-selling book, The Brain that Changes Itself, and presents a strong case for reconsidering how we view the human mind.