On November 6 and 7, in Dallas, TX, customers from across the country – and even China – came together to share and learn from others the best tips for success with Fast ForWord and Reading Assistant. Here are 5 tips you can learn from them!
- Try a new way to motivate your students: “I got great ideas about motivating my students - I didn’t know about the ‘beat the teacher’ intervention and am really excited to start using it with my students.” Download the Beat the Teacher intervention in SciLEARNU.
- Include speech-language pathologists in your communications: “I realized I should be sharing a lot more information not only with our special ed teachers, but also with our speech language pathologists. I’m going to start including them in my district-wide communications.”
- Make use of all progress reports: “Now I know which reports to ask for from coaches to show results with students – I would ask and not really get what I was looking for. Now I know about all the reports available and I’ll start asking for more detail so we can make our RTI program stronger.”
- Use the products at home and after school: “I learned how so many other schools and districts are using the products at home, before and after school. The flexibility will make a real difference for reaching more students at my school.”
- Choose the right coach – it makes ALL the difference. “I have a new understanding of the power and value of having the right coaches working directly with students. I am going to get more involved in choosing coaches from here on out.”
And beyond all that was learned, here’s what else people had to say:
“This is the best conference that you all have had. I really loved this year’s keynote speakers, the Murray County educators. I learned a lot from their session and from talking with them during breaktime.”
“It was great to connect with others who are having the same challenges as I am having – I got some great tips on how to gain support from parents and other teachers.“
“The breakouts were great – they allowed us to ask questions and were more collaborative than if everyone were in the same sessions at the same time. Helped me to learn more.”
“This has been great!”
We loved seeing you all there and came back with some great suggestions for ways we can help you more. One big takeaway? You need a video that helps tell the powerful Fast ForWord/Reading Assistant story to your parents, teachers and students! Keep your eyes on your inbox in early 2015; we’ll be delivering just what you need to help share these powerful tools.