This Summer, Do Something Different. Avoid Summer Setback!
Reading Assistant™ is uniquely designed to provide supportive summer reading practice to all your students – the ones at school and the ones at home. No other program provides corrective feedback using speech recognition. It’s like a personal reading coach for every student, all summer long. Here’s how it works:
- Reading Assistant “listens” to students, using speech verification technology to help them decode at each teachable moment
- Better than an e-reader, it’s the only tool that offers personalized decoding/comprehension support at just the right time
- Measures WCPM and comprehension level (inferential, literal, etc.) - provides invaluable formative assessment data
- Can be used at your school site and at home – over the summer and throughout the year
- Download this information pack to learn more about turning back summer reading loss
Featured Summer School Results
- In Marion County, WV, in a one month summer program, participating students gained more than 6 months in reading comprehension, on average. Read the full report
- In a 5-week summer program, students from Wayne County Public Schools in North Carolina used the Reading Assistant software. On average, the study group moved to the 30th percentile in reading skills and developed from "struggling readers" to "emerging readers." Read the full report
How it Works
- Check out this video to see how Reading Assistant works from a student perspective.
- View this step-by-step infographic on how a student goes through Reading Assistant.
- Listen to a real world example of Reading Assistant guiding a student.
Engaging Content at a Variety of Levels
- More than 300 leveled reading selections aligned with Common Core Standards, including science, history and social studies
- A variety of genres supporting elementary to high school curriculum, including both literature and informational text at all reading levels
Easy-to-Use Reports and Indicators
Take advantage of implementation and performance reporting at the district, group, and student level to improve data-driven decision-making. Graphical depictions show usage, performance, reading level trends, and student proficiency levels.
Summer School Package
We recommend the following package options, but are able to customize to your needs. Reading Assistant is easy to set-up:
- Students use it 30+ minutes 3-5 days/week in the classroom, in a lab, or wherever is best for your students!
- It’s online so it can be accessed from anywhere, anytime, even at home.
- Teacher training is quick and convenient.
Available in packages of 20 or 60 or a full site license* (all active for a full year!)
*We will gladly offer just the right number of student licenses for your site(s). Just let us know what works best for you.
- Approved headset with microphone
- Internet connection
- Adobe Flash player
- Reading Assistant plug-in
- Students need to read a minimum of 25 WCPM to begin Reading Assistant