Summer Reading Boot Camp KIT!
You can run your very own Summer Reading Boot Camp this summer - and we'll give you everything you need to make it a success.
Fast ForWord ™ is uniquely designed to provide the intensity of practice that all your students need to catch up this summer. No other program is as evidence-based, or provides the level of intensity and corrective feedback.
It’s like a boot camp for the reading brain with a personal reading coach for every student -- built-in, all summer long.
What do you get in the Summer Reading Boot Camp KIT?
A reading intervention "in a box," you get everything you need to learn how to use the products, get your students up and running, keep them motivated, and make this summer a game-changer!
- Fast ForWord reading intervention licenses
- Live web-based training session
- Quick-start guide
- Implementation start-up call
- Reward swag/gifts
- Squishy brains and beads!
- T-shirts - two will be provided to reward the two highest achievers at the end of camp.
- Sunglasses for each student
- T-Shirt for teacher
- COACH lanyard!
- Progress completion charts for each student
- Exercise points chart for each student
- Participation certificates
How does it work?
Our 1-2-3 punch approach is to PREPARE-PRACTICE-PERFORM:
1. PREPARE the brain.
Many interventions work around a reading problem, accommodating areas of weakness, like putting a band-aid on underlying issues. Our program targets the core areas of weakness, starting in the brain. Once these are improved, progress is fast, and continues long after students complete the intervention.
2. PRACTICE foundational skills, intensively.
Intensity is the key to catching up students fast. This is how to get far better results in a shorter period of time. Our program provides intense and personalized adaptive practice in grammar, vocabulary, reading and listening comprehension which develops automaticity.
Our program is like a boot camp for the brain, providing more intense and personalized cross-training on a wide variety of literacy and cognitive skills - more practice than small group, 1:1 work, or other computerized interventions.
3. PERFORM aloud, with support.
We offer the only software that uses speech verification technology to "listen" to your students as they read and speak aloud, offering them support with decoding and pronunciation right when they need it - rapidly building fluency and comprehension. It’s like a guided reading coach for every student - anytime, anywhere - but with absolutely no judgment. It's perfect for any reader who needs more practice at their instructional level, especially the reluctant or extra shy ones!
- Better than an e-reader, it’s the only tool that offers personalized decoding/comprehension support at just the right time
- Measures WCPM and comprehension level (inferential, literal, etc.) - provides invaluable formative assessment data
- Can be used at your school site and at home – over the summer and throughout the year
Featured Summer School Results
- In Marion County, WV, in a one month summer program, participating students gained more than 6 months in reading comprehension, on average. Read the full report
- In a 5-week summer program, students from Wayne County Public Schools in North Carolina used the Reading Assistant software. On average, the study group moved to the 30th percentile in reading skills and developed from "struggling readers" to "emerging readers." Read the full report
Engaging Content at a Variety of Levels
- From phonemic awareness to higher-order thinking skills for upper grades, the Fast ForWord intervention is suitable for the beginning English language learner or the high school student who needs to boost analytical reasoning
- More than 300 leveled reading selections aligned with Common Core Standards, including science, history and social studies
- A variety of genres supporting elementary to high school curriculum, including both literature and informational text at all reading levels
Easy-to-Use Reports and Indicators
Take advantage of implementation and performance reporting at the district, group, and student level to improve data-driven decision-making. Graphical depictions show usage, performance, reading level trends, and student proficiency levels.
- Approved headset with microphone
- Internet connection
- Adobe Flash player
- Reading Assistant plug-in
- Students need to read a minimum of 25 WCPM to begin Reading Assistant
Get FAR better results this summer - fast.
Request pricing of the products now!